Is Just the Beginning. Go Beyond Vision, Mission Statment, Values, and Strategy to Create a Business Planning Process that Drives Action, Execution…and Real Results
Is Strategic Planning & Business Planning
The Planning Boot Camp is a tested, leading-edge process to take your strategic planning and business planning to the next level.
Whether you have planning accountability for your team, division, or entire company, you will benefit from The Planning Boot Camp.
Part of Your Job?
Learn a Proven, Step by Step Business Planning Process that Will Work in your Company
Are your company’s targets growing faster than your strategy can keep pace? Do you need a breakthrough in growth and profitability? Do you ever hear comments like these in your organization?
Breakthrough performance starts in the executive offices with a clear strategy, yet 90% of employees don’t understand their company’s strategy, and 95% of companies don’t execute their strategic plan successfully.
Creating a compelling, executable business plan is the single most important thing that any organization can do. Yet, business planning never seems to get done right. The problem is that most organizations plan in an ad hoc manner, so they get poor results. To be successful, you need a deliberate process, and the discipline to follow through.
With the Planning Boot Camp, you will help your firm go beyond the standard “vision, mission and values” to achieve real results through the practical application of strategic planning and operational planning.
- "Our strategic planning process consumes too much time and resources, without commensurate results."
- "Our good ideas don’t seem to go anywhere."
- "We have a strategy, and lots of projects going on, but they don’t seem to be connected."
- "Major change is forcing us to step back and recast our strategic plan."
- "We don’t have a cohesive strategy that managers and employees can get behind."
- "We chronically miss our growth targets."
- "Our strategic plan and actions seem to be disjointed."
- "We are not an innovative company."
- "Our CEO and senior leaders are good operators, but they need to be more strategic."
- "We have a key issue that has been analyzed to death, but we never execute against it."
Business PlanningBoot Camp is an intensive, hands-on learning program designed to help you, help your company be more successful.
In 15 years of developing business plans with North America’s largest companies, I have created many successful tools, models, and practices that you can use to improve the quality of your planning process, and your plans.
This is not business planning for dummies! This is a comprehensive, leading edge business planning program for professionals responsible for strategic planning, and business planning.
Designed for Independent Learning
The Business Planning Boot Camp is specially designed for independent learning, and my primary objective is that you start using these new skills in your work as quickly as possible.
This comprehensive business planning process is broken down into 12 key concepts that you will employ in a step-by-step fashion. To help you master the program quickly, the key concepts in the package are presented in 3 different ways:
- Written documentation in 12 chapters.
- PowerPoint slides divided into 12 presentations.
- Audio CD's of Planning Boot Camp training sessions.
These are the 12 key concepts of The Business Planning Boot Camp:
| The Integrated Planning Model
The Integrated Planning Model is the basis for understanding how a successful business planning process fits together. The lack of this overarching model is the reason why most business plans fail. The Integrated Planning Model will help you understand the overall process to create business plans that work. The model will also help you explain the process to others in a concise and professional manner.
In Concept #1 you will learn:
- How the main components beyond the mission statement of business planning, from strategic planning to actions, fit together in a successful planning process.
- The basics of putting the Integrated Planning Model into practice.
- The key principles of integration that you will use throughout the planning process.
| Your Role in Business Planning
Concept #2 will give you an overview of your role in the business planning process, and when to employ the various tactics and techniques at your disposal.
In Concept #2 you will learn:
- An overview of the role of meetings, facilitation, and the various business planning documents.
- How to ensure your internal clients' participation in the process, and their ownership and commitment to the plan.
| The Practical Vision Statement
Vision Statements are one of the most important components of a really good business plan. They are also the most overused, abused, and poorly written part of strategic planning you will ever see.
In Concept #3 you will learn:
- The principles of creating a practical, useful and compelling vision.
- The components of a great vision statement.
- Examples of the best and worst vision statements.
- A step by step process to create a Practical Vision Statement in your company.
| Strategic Imperatives
Strategic Imperatives are the single most important aspect of the Integrated Planning Model. This is a new concept for most planners, and it's essential that you understand it, and learn how to put Strategic Imperatives into practice.
In Concept #4 you will learn:
- What Strategic Imperatives are, and why they are so important to successful strategic planning.
- The principles of creating Strategic Imperatives with real world examples.
- A step by step methodology to create Strategic Imperatives.
| Operational Planning
Operational Planning, its concepts and implementation are a large focus of the Business Planning Boot Camp, and must be an important focus for your planning work. The mistake that most organizations and planning consultants make is to focus on strategic planning only, and skip over operational planning; the result is usually a good strategy that is poorly executed.
In Concept #5 you will learn:
- What Operational Planning is, and how it fits into the broader Integrated Planning context.
- How successful companies use operational plans to bridge the gap between strategy and execution.
- How to create an operational plan in your company.
| The Planning/Execution Gap
Many firms seem to have all the right ingredients in place, including a sound strategy and operational excellence, yet somehow execution falls short. The Planning Boot Camp will help you strengthen your operational and strategic foundations to bridge the gap to deliver remarkable results.
In Concept #6 you will learn:
- How to identify the planning gap in your planning process.
- The components of the gap, and how to address each component with a step by step approach.
- How to improve the strategic and operational foundations to shrink the planning/execution gap.
| The Seven Deadly Mistakes of Business Planning
Reinforcing the concepts learned in the first 6 concepts, The Seven Deadly Mistakes of Business Planning will give you more real world examples to master the overall strategic planning and business planning processes.
In Concept #7 you will learn:
- At least seven mistakes that are being made by all but the most forward thinking companies.
- How to use the concepts learned in The Business Planning Boot Camp to avoid making these mistakes.
| Lessons Learned from Successful Companies
Many important lessons have been learned along the way that you can use to navigate your own planning process.
In Concept #8 you will learn:
- The big advances in both strategic planning and general business planning in the past decade, and the important lessons learned as theory was put into practice.
- How you can apply lessons from the biggest and best companies in your work.
| Dynamic Business Planning
By the end of Concept #8, you should have a good understanding of The Integrated Planning Model, all of its parts, and how to apply it. Dynamic Business Planning will help you take business planning to the next level and create a planning process that is truly leading edge.
In Concept #9 you will learn:
- The fundamentals of planning frequency and planning horizon.
- The principle of diminishing detail in business planning.
- How to make January 1st (or fiscal year end) just another day.
- To establish a system of rolling business and financial plans.
| Understanding Value Proposition
Without a clearly articulated, well understood, statement of value proposition, it's impossible for a company to describe a compelling vision and strategy.
In Concept #10 you will learn:
- What a statement of Value Proposition is, and why it is vitally important to your business plan.
- How to help understand and articulate your organization’s Value Proposition.
- How the Value Proposition fits into the broader context of strategic planning.
| Project and Action Planning
This is the area of Planning where "the rubber hits the road."
In Concept #11 you will learn:
- How to ensure that action plans are tightly integrated with your organization’s overall business plan.
- An easy to use model for understanding and assigning responsibility and accountability in action plans.
- How to help staff create and integrate personal 90 Day Plans into the overall strategic planning and business planning processes.
| Financial Planning
You will add tremendous value by helping to ensure that the financial plan is tightly integrated with the rest of the business plan.
In Concept #12 you will learn:
- The key principles of Financial Planning integration
- How to ensure the business plan isn't just "all about the numbers"
You will also receive these 8 Skill Boosters that will round out your skills, and give you the confidence to get started.
All the Tools and Templates you Need to be Successful
- The Role of Strategic Planning and Operational Planning Groups
- Communication in Business Planning
- Performing an Environmental Scan
- Creating an Effective Target Setting Process
- The Importance of Sign-Offs in Business Planning
- The Concept of Strategic Planning Readiness
- Challenging Underlying Assumptions
- A Vision of Failure: How to Plan for the Worst
For a limited time you will also receive templates, diagrams, models, letters, reports, presentations, tools and other materials that you can lift right out of the package and start using right away.
I have even included a data CD in the package so you don’t need to retype anything.
Everything you need is in the package!
Here are a just a few examples:
- Business Plan Templates and Samples
- Strategic Imperative template
- Integrated Initiative list spreadsheet
- Sample process explanation presentation for internal clients
- Integrated Planning Model diagrams
- Template for learning the Integrated Planning Model
- Special report on the benefits of using the Integrated Planning Model
- Sample engagement Kick-Off letters
- PowerPoint to introduce others to The Practical Vision Statement
- PowerPoint to introduce others to Strategic Imperatives
- Diagram of the Planning/Execution Gap for use with internal clients
- Business Planning Assessment Tool
- Sample agendas for strategic planning meetings
- Special report on breaking down operational silos
- Accountability Model
- Law of diminishing detail diagram
- My Rolodex of Planning References
My Unconditional Money Back Guarantee
To help make your decision to invest in The Planning Boot Camp, I offer a 30 day risk free money back guarantee.
The guarantee is simple:
If you don't like The Planning Boot Camp, send it back, and I'll give you your money back, no questions asked.
I want to make your decision to invest in The Planning Boot Camp easy,
so I have priced the Hardcopy Version at an affordable $347,
and I pay the shipping!Order the Hardcopy Version Now
Save $100 and get immediate access to the Download Versionof the Planning Boot Camp for $247.
This is the exact same content as the Hardcopy version,
and you can download all the files to your computer
within minutes of placing your order.
Order the Download Version Now
If you buy this product, what do you hope to get out of it?
Strategic planning is hard work for the management teams involved, and it should never create plans that are just window dressing to fill a corporate requirement.
Of course, even the most elegant vision and strategic plan is pointless without operational execution.
Order The Planning Boot Camp now and you'll receive all the templates, diagrams, models, letters, reports, and tools at the current price.
- A plan that will go beyond your mission statement to actually be used as a blueprint to help leaders run the company.
- A plan to externally articulate a company’s value proposition, vision, strategy, and prospects to secure financing, or other considerations.
- Credibility among owners, shareholders, and boards that the firm has a cohesive and compelling strategy, with a clear vision for the future and an executable plan in place.
- A clear sense of priorities, focus and energy among the management team.
- A line of sight that all employees can relate to as they attempt to reconcile their duties with the vision and strategy of the firm.
- Understanding, and agreement among the management team about where the company is going and how it will get there.
All Canadian and U.S. orders are shipped via priority/expedited mail and should arrive
within 3 - 8 business days.
If you have any questions before you buy, or you require some follow up consulting, call me personally at (519) 740-2725 or send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
I respect your privacy and promise to never sell, barter, share or rent your email address, or any other personal information to any unauthorized third party. Period! If you receive my e-newsletter you may unsubscribe at any time.
All registered logos/trademarks which appear on Business Planning Bootcamp™ are the property of their respective owners.
|As a Director of Strategic Planning at Mutual Life, and then Clarica, and now as the President of the management consulting firm, The Planning Group, I have personally used all of the key concepts you'll learn in The Business Planning Boot Camp with great success.|
Here are just a few of my recent Corporate Testimonials:
"Peter has brought many fresh, new ideas to planning. His experience in turning the planning process into a management tool is well grounded in the reality of today's organization. His focus on linking strategy, plans and execution is key."
Vice President & Chief Financial Officer for Canada
Sun Life Financial
"As an advisor to our strategic planning process, Peter Wright has helped us take a more practical approach to creating business plans that can be successfully executed and improve our results. We look forward to a long-term relationship with The Planning Group."Paul Jones
Senior Vice President
Rogers Media Publishing
News and Business Group
"Peter Wright's practical, no-nonsense style is exactly what we needed to rekindle our planning efforts, and create energy, focus, and a sense of urgency among the management team. Each member of the team came away from the process with a better appreciation for strategic thinking."
Hubert St. Onge
Feedback from Recent Sessions
Just a quick note to express my thanks and appreciation for the enormous amount of time and effort that was put into the session yesterday. I believe it is one of the most positive and encouraging meetings that has taken place in my time at Equitable. The lunch, structure, and content of the meeting was excellent and worth its weight in gold. Many thanks."
Just wanted to share with you: Been getting a number of staff walking by making comments about the workshop. We have created a great deal of excitement! Certain staff seem to be very pumped. A lot of great feedback about the workshop and how you conducted the sessions. Just wanted to let you know."
Thanks for putting on the wonderful seminar! This initiative is a great undertaking and you did a fine job of delivering the message!"
I just wanted to let you know what a wonderful job you both did this morning at the Workshop I attended. I found the information provided to be very helpful, and easy to understand and I really thought it was a great idea to have us broken down in to smaller groups. I am anxious to see the exciting changes that will be taking place!
Just a note to say that I think the workshop was a success! Everyone I spoke with thought it was entertaining, professional and provided valuable information. A few said they were skeptical going in but were glad they went and look forward to more. Other comments were that it was about time... They also noted that the presentation was very well done."April